Friday, June 22, 2007

Thing Numero Cinco: Fun with Flikr


I definitely love Flikr... what a great place to find photos of almost anything. I have used this site before, and in fact I just used it extensively for pictures that I needed for my LATI project. I love that they have the "creative commons" license option where folks upload images that can be used or modified for non-commercial purposes. As librarians this is a great tool for us to find just the right image for displays and programs.

Secondly, this is an amazing site just because of the sheer number of wonderful photos. It allows us to see the incredible creativity of photographers and graphic designers, amateur and professional.

This exercise inspired me to create a free account and upload a few photos from my personal collection (the one above is one of my own). I didn't go so far as to bring my camera to work and take photos. I have since found a few long-lost friends on Flikr and it's great to see their lives through their photographs.

No comments: