Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Thing #23: Am I finally done? What am I going to do now?

Looks like I've reached the end of the road for 23 Things. Overall, this is a good program. It exposes librarians to a wide range of resources that we may or may not have explored. Some of the things we did-- YouTube and Wikis- weren't necessarily new to me, but the exercises exposed me to new features and ideas. Other things-- Del.ic.ious and Technorati-- I'd never heard of before. I think of the 23 things as kind of an information menu for librarians-- we had the opportunity to sample everything on the menu and we now get to choose which of these things we will continue to use in our careers. I'm happy to say that most of them I will try to integrate into my customer service in some way.

For someone of my technical skill level (which I consider to be about average) this is a good program. I don't know how some of my techno-phobic colleagues would rate this exercise, but for me it offered enough of a challenge without being overwhelming. Certainly I would be interested in doing another program like this one. I found it great to be able to do everything on my own time and at my own pace rather than trying to cram it all in in a day-long workshop.

Thanks! It was fun....

No comments: